Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids's Reviews > The Sons of Liberty #1

The Sons of Liberty #1 by Alexander Lagos

Dec 01, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: 2010-100-book-challenge, books-i-own, mundie-kids-reviews, mundie-moms-reviews
Read in May, 2010

What do you get when you mix beloved American history, with character's who have paranormal powers? You get a dark, edgy, riveting, action packed graphic novel.

The story follows two young male slaves who are on the run. When someone tries an experiment on them, they are left with little memory and super human powers. The novel opens with some scenes from 1777, and as we journey through the novel, we will see life as it was in 1760, the start of the boy's story.

Shady deals, the fight to free slaves, Benjamin Franklin's journey for a better America, life as a slave and the war with England are just a few topics found within this novel. I think The Sons of Liberty will be quickly swept up by those who not only love graphic novels, but those who like history books with a twist. Marvel comic fans will love the illustrations, as they're done by Marvel comic veterans. This is a graphic novel I'd recommend for those 14 years and older.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sons of Liberty #1.