Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids's Reviews > Endless Summer

Endless Summer by Jennifer Echols

This edition of Endless Summer includes both The Boys Next Door and Endless Summer. As I mentioned in my previous review, I really enjoyed The Boys Next Door, the he sequel, Endless Summer picks up right where The Boys Next Door leaves off, which I really liked.

In my attempt to keep this spoiler free, I will say I enjoyed reading more about Sean and Lori, though at times I became very irritated at Lori due to her lack of thoughtful planning. This stems from Lori's father, who becomes completely overbearing when Adam and Lori fell asleep together and ended up coming home at sun rise. I can understand the worry and frustration from her father, but he ends up going over board and I felt so bad for Adam and Lori, as no one believes them that nothing happened.

I felt the worse for Adam, as Lori's plan always seem to back fire and she doesn't always take his best interest to heart, and no one believes him about the night he and Lori fell asleep. While some of the story irritated me, others parts were very enjoyable, as Lori and Adam are such a cute, inner nerdy couple who are learning to be together and transition from close childhood friends to being in a romantic relationship.

I enjoyed the alternating points of view from Lori to Adam. I was able to understand some of Lori's thought process, as she really does love Adam and why Adam made some of the decisions he does. I liked seeing more of his relationships with his brothers. One of my favorite scenes are when he and his brothers are having a heart to heart brotherly talk. Underneath all the jabs and teasing, they truly are there for each other. Through all the things that Adam has to deal with, he really makes a surprising move that earns him the respect he's always deserved.

If you're looking for a fun, summer read on cold fall day or to take to a warm beach, I recommend picking Endless Summer. You can find out more about these romantic-comedy books and Jennifer Echols by visiting her site here http://jennifer-echols.com/

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Endless Summer.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jessica So Does Adam & Lori End Up Together???

Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids Hi Jessica! I didn't want to put a spoiler in my review but

Jessica Omg!!!!!!!!!!!