Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids's Reviews > Everlasting

Everlasting by Angie Frazier

Set in 1855, Everlasting is a wonderful historical fiction, with a sweet love story at the heart of it. Filled with an adventure that starts in San Francisco, continues on the high seas and ends in Australia, Everlasting has the perfect blends of romance, beautiful historical settings and a wonderful mythology that will leave you wanting more.

I really liked our main character, 17 year old Camille. She's grown up sailing on her father's ship and is preparing to go on her last sailing with her father. As Camille is looking forward to this last trip with her father, she's also contemplating her engagement to Randall Jackson. While she loves him, she's not in love with him. That fire she wants to feel when she's with him isn't there, but it's there with Oscar. Oscar has been apart of her father's crew for the past couple years. There's an undeniable connection between Camille and Oscar, but by society standards, they'll never be together. Camille is torn between honoring her father's wishes, which is honoring her family's name, and following her own path, which is following her heart.

After tragedy strikes their ship at sea, Camille is left with trying to make sense of the secrets her father kept from her and soon finds her self on an adventure of a life time. With Oscar by her side, she sets off to find what her father was coming to Australia for. Their adventure is full of danger and with the help of Ira, their loyal and hilarious side kick they meet in Australia, they may be able to find what they're looking for before it's too late. Camille seems to have an ancient curse on her that keeps getting them in trouble and in near death circumstances. Is it really a curse, or a warning of horrible things to come?

With a majority of the book set in Australia, I really enjoyed reading about their adventures in the outback, on the sea, and in the port side towns. Angie did a brilliant job at wrapping me up in her story of love, life and adventure in 1855. The characters are real, the love story believable and the adventure we go on with them is engaging. This story has no shortage of all the elements I enjoy in a good book. The ending was great and I really hope there will be more books to follow.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everlasting.