Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids's Reviews > City of Fallen Angels

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

Jul 13, 11

bookshelves: 2011-release, 2011-100-book-challenge, books-i-own, mundie-moms-reviews, signed-books-arcs, audio-book
Recommended for: fans of Cassandra Clare's & the TMI series
Read in April, 2011

*SPOILER FREE*

There is something about Cassie's writing that lures me into each of her books and leaves me wanting more. I can't get enough of her fascinating, intriguing world building and her addicting characters. You know the characters whom you just can't seem to read enough about? City of Fallen Angels is full of pleasant and shocking twists and turns with some of my beloved characters, and with other previously mentioned TMI series characters. Cassie has a talent for making me invest so much of myself emotional with her characters. One moment I'm sighing over a scene between Jace and Clary or Magnus and Alec and the next I'm either fuming over something a character did or on the verge of tears at one of her gut wrenching scenes, and then laughing out loud at the next scene from Jace or Simon's snarky lines.

What I love about Cassie's writing is she isn't afraid to make her characters suffer and in the process she leaves me feeling emotional vulnerable as I feel a connection to her characters. I've not read a series that has a such a large cast of characters were each one adds something unique to the story and each one is a character I've come to enjoy and care about, well for the most part as there's a few I'd like to go all shadowhunter on. Like the other books in the TMI series, City of Fallen Angels picks up not long after City of Glass ends. Cassie is able to refresh our memories of what happened at the end of City of Glass in a manner that doesn't feel like it's a huge summary of what happened, but just enough to see through the eyes of Jace, Clary and Simon how they were effected and why they're feeling the way they are. I loved that the story has a lot of Simon's point of view. Simon to me is a character who's grown a lot since the start of the series. Some of my favorite scenes of his are the fabulous snarky lines he and Jace say to one another.

I really can't get enough of her characters and her stories. She adds just the right amount of romance (oh yes there's a few sizzling scenes with Jace and Clary), action, anguish, settle humor, character growth and plot twists that keep me completely engaged with her book, but at the same time leaving me wanting so much more at the end. Cassie blurs the lines of paranormal and reality perfectly. Her words come alive and make me feel like I'm here, apart of her world. Cassie is a phenomenal writer and is someone who makes me think as she takes me along for an enjoyable ride and always leaves me wanting more.... one more kiss between Jace and Clary, one more page of her story, one more scene so the book doesn't have to end.

City of Fallen Angels is a fabulous edition to the TMI series. It's an exciting, enticing read that will suck you right back into her dark, twisted, dangerous shadowhunter world. City of Fallen Angels is definitely the darkest of the series so far, and now I am anxiously waiting to find out what happens next in COLS. That ending.... UGH! It's brilliant. I definitely recommend picking up this book today! It's a must have to for all TMI fans.
38 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Fallen Angels.

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) Loved the book. I really wish it had not ended like it did. It kind of took some of my enjoyment of the book away for me. Even though I know there are more books, give the kid a break. After all of his bravery....

Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids I know, poor Jace!! I'm really looking forward to COLS

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) I read on Cassandra's blog all of her reasons for doing some of the things she did in this book, including the ending. Feel better about it now....I think!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids Deyse wrote: "Great review, you say exactly what I think about this book and couldn't put on words! Best wishes."

Thank you! I'm glad you loved it. :)