Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids's Reviews > The Hollow

The Hollow by Jessica Verday

Dec 01, 2010

bookshelves: 2009-100-book-challenge, books-i-own, mundie-moms-reviews
Read in September, 2009

I was so sucked into to this story when I read the first chapter off Jessica's site. I was hooked. Shandra (Shasta) and I were at the bookstore on Saturday night and we got it and I finished the book today (it will be in the mail for your tomorrow S). I was so sucked into the book. It is a breathtakingly, haunting, love story that will have you crying as this first book in the trilogy ends.

I loved how Jessica put a wonderful spin and wove a love story around the legend of Sleepy Hollow. The story takes place in the town of Sleepy Hollow. The town is full of their traditions and very proud of their town's legends. It's the story of Abbey that will pull at your heart string as she's coping with the lost of her best friend. As she's trying to put the pieces together she meets Caspian and Nikolas (who's the keeper of the cemetery, which Abbey lives by). I have to say, that I love Nikolas's character. That totally surprised me too. As Abbey's journey to find out more into the death of her best friend the secrets she kept from her, she'll also learn that everyone has secrets and some of those secrets will come at a cost.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next book in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hollow.