Ceil's Reviews > Something from the Nightside

Something from the Nightside by Simon R. Green

Dec 01, 2010

bookshelves: fantasy, nightside, john, taylor

If you like fantasy with a dark comic twist, the Nightside novels should be books you will you enjoy. The Nightside is a dark London, peopled with old gods and magic beings. John Taylor is the "hero": a private eye who has a third eye that allows him to find anything, anywhere Of course, when he opens this eye, some things can also find him...things that you don't want to know about.

These novels are short, funny, and action-packed. What I find interesting is who enjoys reading them. I've loaned them to my mother, my husband, my sister, and my brother-in-law. All of them have very different tastes in reading, but they all enjoyed the Nightside series. My mom is a murder mystery reader; my husband reads a lot of science fiction and sword and sorcery fantasy; my sister likes Charles de Lint and Jan Karon; her husband recently retired, and has just started to get into reading for pleasure again. They all like the dark humor and the bizarre scenarios that Simon Green cooks up. You never know what will happen in the Nightside.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something from the Nightside.