Stacia (the 2010 club)'s Reviews > Awakened

Awakened by P.C. Cast

Jan 05, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: young-adult, paranormal-romance, drama-llama, vampires

2.5 stars. Color me surprised. The series has taken a probable turn for the better. You could knock me over with a feather right now. I have less to bitch about this time!

Maybe it had to do with the absence of Zoey for most of the book (as well as those super annoying twins), but I enjoyed reading the multiple viewpoints in this book (even after complaining about it in the last one, mainly because the change in writing style came from out of NOWHERE). Stevie Ray and Rephaim's story was my favorite, but I also had giddy moments with my boy Kalona too, which was nice. Even reading from Neferet's viewpoint was interesting, simply because being in her world was like being in a well-spoken psycho's head.

I'm almost curious if the Casts have been tweaking the series to address complaints about other books being too immature or sloppy because this installment felt more pulled together. I liked it. I'm not at "fangirl" status yet (and may never be), but I truly enjoyed this book much more than the last few from the HoN. Kudos are in order.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awakened.

01/04/2011
45.0% "LMAO at the completely unexpected thing to happen around page 50. Heads are going to roll from the fangirls." 2 comments

Stacia (the 2010 club) This series is one that you'll either really enjoy or completely despise. It's very immature in parts, yet also very sexual in others, which is a weird contrast.

Megan Great review! I'm looking forward to continuing this series now.