Angela's Reviews > The White Queen

The White Queen by Philippa Gregory

May 16, 12

bookshelves: fiction, historical, borrowed

I loved this book! For me Philippa Gregory is the ideal combination - a good novelist and an excellent researcher. She used her skill as a novelist to interpret her research in a believable and interesting way making the story of Elizabeth Woodville the White Queen come alive. The possibilities of witchcraft, the intrigues, power struggles and violent warfare were the backdrop to the story of a woman and her struggles to preserve her family against the perils of the age. I am really looking forward to more novels in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The White Queen.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

~☆ Alice♥♥ Was this the story that had the old tale of Melusid or Melusine in it? She was some kind of sea creature like a mermaid but not sure if this was the book.

Angela Yes it was. Must get on and read the next book - The Red Queen. Her new one has just come out over here, so I'm dropping behind now.

Stephen Angela wrote: "Yes it was. Must get on and read the next book - The Red Queen. Her new one has just come out over here, so I'm dropping behind now."

well its out the 15th september the lady of the rivers reserved a copy at my local library a few weeks ago :)

Angela You're way ahead of me! This year, I've taken part in 2 challenges, where I've specified the books I plan to read - a mistake I think, as everything goes pear shaped when I read something not on one of the lists!

~☆ Alice♥♥ Angela wrote: "Yes it was. Must get on and read the next book - The Red Queen. Her new one has just come out over here, so I'm dropping behind now."

I want to read The Red Queen too as I like her books but probably need to put it off until November at least.

message 6: by Adam (new)

Adam Good history writers write like good novelists, and a writer of historical novels who can incorporate research seamlessly with fiction is to be commended.