Kathleen Hagen's Reviews > Hollywood Hills

F_50x66
Nov 30, 10

bookshelves: 2010-audio-books, 2010-mysteries
Read in November, 2010

Hollywood Hills, by Joseph Wambaugh, A-minus, narrated by Christian Rummel, produced by Hachette Audio, downloaded from audible.com.

We have the Hollywood Station cops again, unforgettable characters like Nate Weisman who has his union card and wants to be an actor. Flotsam and Jetsam, the two surfer cops, and others we’ve met before. Again we have Wambaugh artfully weaving together sub-plots. There are Jonas and Megan, two kids totally hooked on drugs and trying to emulate the “bling ring”. They are viewing different mansions on the Hollywood Hills, the wealthiest part of L.A., looking for houses where they can lift objects of value. There is an art dealer, Nigel, whose gallery is going bankrupt and who is developing an idea to replace two valuable paintings in the house of one of his clients, with faked paintings. He enlists Raleigh, a former convict just trying to keep his hands clean, to help him, promising him half a million dollars when he sells the valuable art. All of these people become entangled with their different agendas, and we have the usual good time with Wambaugh’s sometimes hilarious, definitely noire story of Hollywood Station.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hollywood Hills.