Colin's Reviews > The Boxcar Children

M_50x66
Dec 06, 10

Read in December, 2010

The Boxcar Children
Have you ever lived in a boxcar with your sisters and brothers? If you haven’t then you should read The Boxcar Children 1 and see the life of being in a boxcar! A boxcar is a freight car with a roof and two sliding doors on the side. They needed the boxcar because they ran away from where they were staying.
This book is about these four children named Jessie Alden, Violet Alden, Benny Alden, and Henry Alden. First they walk off in the woods and see a boxcar. They think they could live in it. But they don’t have money so they go out and pick some berries. But it still isn’t enough, Henry the oldest one goes out and gets money and buys food for them so they start their life in the boxcar until…….
My favorite part of this book is when they start preparing for the boxcar. They go find a dump and finds plates, cups, Spoons and forks so they can eat and drink. I like this part because they were smart enough to think of ways to eat
I think the main message in this book is that no matter what you have, just live with it and life goes on. Sometimes bad things like running out and living in an old dirty boxcar turns out to be fun and good.
This book is good because it is interesting how they prepare their boxcar and wash all that dirt and moss and rust from the dump. It makes it good because they got it from the dump! And dirt everywhere!
I recommend this book to people who like mystery and survival stories. The author of this book is Gertrude Chandler Warner

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boxcar Children.