Laura's Reviews > The Black Dagger Brotherhood: An Insider's Guide

The Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward

Nov 30, 10

** spoiler alert ** After reading all six of the previous BDB books, I was anxious to get my hands on the Insider's Guide as soon as possible.
Unbeknownst to me, apparently I live under a rock, there's a fabulous novella in the first 80 or so pages about Zsadist and Bella. I for one was thrilled about this and after reading Lover Enshrined was left wanting to know more about the birth of Nalla and how Z and Bella did at being new parents.
I was not disappointed in reading this. There are some really touching moments in this story, and there are also some smoking hot ones too!
After having two children of my own, I immediately identified with Bella and her feelings of not being sexy or attractive to her man anymore. Not only has her body changed, but as all mothers know, her hormones and sleep patterns are all over the place. But thanks to the WARDen's multiple point of view story telling, you get to see that Z is all about his woman and doesn't know how to reach out to her. :( I love how you see them struggle as new parents and how to take care of a new baby. Bella has a hard time letting go, even when it only means moving her baby into the "room" next door. When she does finally make that move and affirms to Z that their bedroom is "their" space, YOWZA!!! Whoa I was seriously fanning myself it was so hot.
Also worth mentioning is the fact the Z tries to get his slave bands removed, unsuccesfully. I love how he wants to be as "clean" as possible for his shellan and his daughter, but what I love more is that Bella tells him that Nalla will love them because they're a part of him and even more tender moments.
After reading the novella, the insider's guide is really good also. I loved reading about the Brothers and their interviews with the WARDen. Reading the deleted scenes from some of the books was great too and let me just say, this woman could seriously write erotica.
Favorite part of the book was reading the interaction on the message boards between the brothers. Flat out hilarious and showcased more of that great banter between the brothers.
I would highly recommend this book for any BDB fan, worthy of five big stars!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Black Dagger Brotherhood.