Elonna's Reviews > Bronx Masquerade

Bronx Masquerade by Nikki Grimes

4602047
Dec 02, 10

Read in December, 2010

This book is about young kids that live in the Bronx who are all in the same english class, and even though they all come from very different backrounds they all come together through the poetry they share with eachother. Before the poetry days, these were kids who never even talked to eachother and were very distant from one another. The kids who would usually have bad grades were acing english class because they were enjoying sharing thier pain through poetry. Basically these kids created a bond through something that was a pure accident, and started a tradition through thier school.

I really enjoyed this book, because I love poetry and how they would have a poem at the end of each chapter. Each poem helped me to understand each character a bit more, and to understand why they are the way they are. Also, the book shared what other characters thought about one another in the through out the book and and after hearing each poem every ones ideas about eachother changed. I really enjoyed this book, I wish it was longer so I could keep reading all of the beautiful poetry.

3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bronx Masquerade.

message 1: by Dasha (new)

Dasha gOOd descriptiOn! I like :)

Elonna thank you mamaz ' :)

message 3: by Mr. Mark (new)

Mr. Mark This is such an excellent review, Elonna. I definitely will be reading this book -- I'll put it on my to-read shelf right now!

Elonna You definately should. I am glad that my review influenced YOU to read this :)