Paige Prince's Reviews > Unwrapped

Unwrapped by Megan Hart

Nov 30, 10

bookshelves: request
Read in November, 2010

I have to say that Brandon and Leah were my favorite couple in Taking Care of Business and No Reservations. Their relationship was so intense and I was able to connect with them (Leah especially) in a way that I couldn’t with Dix and Kate.

Unwrapped is a short story continuing Brandon and Leah’s story. They’ve been married a few months, and they’re still as intense as ever. They go on a Christmas ski trip as a belated honeymoon and indulge in some of the hottest sex I’ve ever read. The amount of love and trust these two have for each other is obvious, and shines through every page.

When Brandon brings the idea of kids up, it seems as though he’s the one who’s pushing to wait on having any, which is the opposite of what the book blurb said, but I liked the switch up. Seeing Leah go through her mental back-and-forth of “should we or shouldn’t we” was so real and a little on the heartbreaking side. I wish it would’ve been a little longer so that we could see the aftermath of the decision, but it did end in a good place.

If you’ve read Taking Care of Business and No Reservations and want to see more of Brandon and Leah, then you should definitely read Unwrapped. If you haven’t read TCoB and NR, I suggest you correct this oversight immediately, and make sure to pick up Unwrapped the second you’re done.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unwrapped.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (new)

Nicole I got the whole Carina Press anthology (which I recommend you get BTW). Have to say I felt somewhat lost reading this novella. Guess I prolly shoulda read the other two first huh?? ;)

Paige Prince I grabbed the anthology after I read Unwrapped, but I haven't had the time to read it yet. I have a ton of requested reviews that I need to finish first (I'm such a bad girl, sigh). Yeah, reading Taking Care of Business and No Reservations would definitely help with knowing what's going on. I did love the story between Leah & Brandon. They're by far my favorite couple of the books.