J.E. Taylor's Reviews > Kidnap & Ransom

Kidnap & Ransom by Michelle Gagnon

Jan 09, 2011

Read in January, 2011

This was my first introduction to Michelle Gagnon's work and I am very impressed. I understand it's her fourth book in the series, but I didn't feel like I had missed out on the histories and relationships because Ms. Gagnon did a great job of making this a stand alone story and peppering just enough back story to keep the character relationships complex but not to much to dilute the pace.

I loved the fact that I was carried away by the story, completely pulling me in to the point I was no longer in my family room but crawling through the mud in the Mexican jungle right along with the characters.

The ending was shocking, but I give Ms. Gagnon props for taking that risk. I'm sure it was a hard choice and honestly, I couldn't see any other ending without the reader going - well wasn't that convenient.

I'm glad I won this book through firstreads and got a chance to experience Ms. Gagnon's writing. She now has another fan. :)

If you haven't read her books and are a fan of crime series fiction - you should give it a whirl. You won't be disappointed.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kidnap & Ransom.