Liliana ♥s Mythology's Reviews > Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

4199142
OMFG I LOVED this book!! It was amazing!! Can someone please tell me why I didn’t read this book sooner?! Lol

So Evie has this special ability of seeing through glamours, which basically Means that she can tell paranormals from…well, normal humans. She was found when she was only a toddler and she was being chased by a vampire. Ever since, she has been with IPCA (International Paranormal Containment Agency) helping them track down and tag all sorts of paranormal creatures…it’s kind of like a job.

But things start getting weird (or weirder, I should say) when a shape shifter breaks into the agency. Turns out, there has been a whole bunch of killings (all paranormals) and the shape shifter (Lend) was there to find out why. He thought that IPCA would be able to help, but they have no idea what been going on either.

What Evie and Lend soon realize is that Evie has something to do with all this…*cue dramatic music* Oh and so are the faeries. ..never really liked faeries in the first place…

So Evie and Lend help each other, trying to figure out this mystery, while at the same time Evie starts having feelings for Lend. And at the same time she’s trying push back feelings he had about his ex-boyfriend (and faery) Reth, and actually, trying to avoid him altogether.

I don’t really like Reth, he is such a creep! Lend on the other hand…*sigh* I really liked him ;) And Evie…loved her!! I mean, how can you not love someone who carries around a pink Taser. Can you say badass?! Lol

I cannot wait for the next book!!! I loved watching Lend and Evie’s relationship develop and bloom. I’d really like to see how they continue to grow and how Evie handles school…with her fascination and all with the lockers, lol

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paranormalcy.

Quotes Liliana ♥s Mythology Liked

Kiersten White
“Yes, I have a driver's license."

I leaned back against the wall, sighing. "Man, that must be so cool."

"It ranks right up there with lockers. In fact, sometimes I put my license inside my locker, and it's so cool I worry that the whole thing might explode with the sheer coolness of it all.”

“Lend.”
“Lend?” Raquel asked.
“Yes, as in, lend me your self.” He shimmered into Raquel again.
“Why not Borrow?” I asked. “Better yet, Steal?”

“Oh, bleep.”

“Normal? What's that?"
"How you really look."
"Can you take off all your clothes?"
Okay weirdest thing ever-I just asked myself to take off all my clothes. It doesn't get much creepier. "Why on earth would I do that?"
"You asked me to be naked; I thought it was only fair.”

Kiersten White
“I scooted over, patting the bed next to me. "No such luck. And now you get to watch forty straight hours of Easton Heights with me!"
He turned on the first disk, shaking his head, then got onto the bed next to me. "Small price to pay for getting to hold your hand."
I wasn't cold anymore.”

Kiersten White
“Tasers are a one-size-fits-all paranormal butt-kicking option. Mine’s pink with
rhinestones.”

Kiersten White
“If you fail to report within the next 12 hours. you will be terminated. If you attack any humans, you will be terminated. If you attempt to remove the tracking device, you will be terminated. We look forward to working with you.”

Kiersten White
“We sat down and Lend put his arm around me. Every single jaw at the table dropped.
"Man," John said, shaking his head. "All this time I was pretty sure you were gay.”

Kiersten White
“Oh relax." I waved my hand dismissively. "If he wanted to kill me, he already would have. I brought him all these sharp pencils, ideal for stabbing, and he's been a perfect gentleman.”

Kiersten White
“Why does everyone keep asking me that?" Seriously, did I look like some sort of pyscho assassin? Maybe it was the pink sneakers. Or the heart earrings?”

Kiersten White
“I hate the vamp jobs. They think they're so suave. It's not enough for them to slaughter and eat you like a zombie would. No, they want to be all sexy, too. And trust me: vampires? Not. Sexy.”

Kiersten White
“What a lovely balance. Lend shows whatever he wants the world to see and you see through whatever the world wants to show you.”

Kiersten White
“He reached out and put his hand on top of mine. My heart skipped a beat - he liked me, too!
"You're worried about what's killing the paranormals aren't you?"
Crap. He didn't like me.”

Kiersten White
“What do you think? Does this face make me look fat?”

Kiersten White
“He saved me. He freaking electrocuted himself to save me. I’m gonna be there when he wakes up so I can tell him thanks.”

Kiersten White
“Maybe I'm weird, but watching Lend drive was sexy.”

“Yo soy carne muerta.”
tags: evie

Kiersten White
“I can’t see through clothes or anything. Just glamour skin. Except I can see through all of you, since your clothes aren’t real.” I stopped, horrified. “I mean, I don’t look—It’s hard to see you, and I like looking at your real face, but I don’t try to see anything, because—Oh gosh, this sounds terrible.”
He had a funny look on his face, like he wasn’t sure what to think. “Huh. That’s never been an issue before. Maybe next time you could bring me some shorts.”

Kiersten White
“What are you?" I whispered.
"What are you?"
Offended, I frowned. "Human."
"Funny, me too."
"No, you're not."
"Funny, neither are you."
I set my jaw and glared. What a jerk. "Why did you come here?"
My voice came from his mouth, disconcerting as always. "I could ask you the same thing. Are you going to kill me?”

Kiersten White
“What, no flirting?” I asked, trying to buy time. “Aren’t you going to at least try to be sexy? Think of all those vampire fans out there—they’d be so disappointed.” I pulled out my silver knife. Probably should have paid more attention during my knife training. “Tell you what. Let me go and I promise not to tell anyone that you aren’t suave.”

03/27/2011 page 3
1.0% "LMAO I'm barely on page 3 and I'm already loving this book! :D I hope the rest doesnt let me down.."
03/28/2011 page 92
27.0% "I really like this Lend guy :) I hope he doesnt turn out to be evil or something..."
03/28/2011 page 188
56.0% "awww, I really liked Lish :(
I need to know what the bleep is going on!! Nothing makes sense!"
03/28/2011 page 257
77.0% "This is too weird...and what is up with Vivian?!?! Answers would be nice right about now :) lol"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Scarlet Glad you liked the book Lili!! I loved Paranormalcy <3 It's bleeping fantastic. ^^

Liliana ♥s Mythology LOL yes it was :)