Diana (Offbeat Vagabond)'s Reviews > Dead After Dark

Dead After Dark by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Nov 29, 2010

This was my first anthology and I loved it. 3 of the 4 stories I would of loved as a whole book, especially J.R. Ward's Story of Son. This was the standout of this book, of course, it is J.R. Ward.
Now there is no one from the BDB in this, but if you have read Lover Mine, you'll find that someone sounds familiar. The charcter "Michael" from this story has a striking resemblance to someone we just learned about in Lover Mine, so I am guessng we know who his father is. But this story deserved to be an entire book. The moment I finished the Story of Son story, I wanted to flip back and reread it over again. It is incredible!!!
I just got into Kenyon and I loved her style and this story was no exception. I would have liked a little more action, but that is just me. But it was a great story. I just wanted more.
Squires story is the reason this is not a perfect 5. I hated this story, it was utterly pointless. Everytime the plot is about to get a pick me up, something had already happened and we get nothing added to the plot. I kept waiting for something and all we get is that the main lead finds out the "ghost" that has scared the town is actually a vampire. They have a hot sex scene and that was pretty much the only part in this story that got some sort of reaction out of me. If you haven't read this book, I urge you to skip this, trust me, you aren't missing anything.
The last one by Love was incredible. My very first experience with her work and I fell in love with Love. The characters we great (I do have a crush on Luther) and the plot was great. I did get the Blood Trinity book that is apart of this story. Can't wait to start it.
Overall, 4 out of 5 is what I give this. Again, be cautious with Squires, it is the filler in this book, nothing more. Prepare fir the Ward though, man that was an amazing story!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead After Dark.