Amy Palmer's Reviews > On Cats

bookshelves: pets-animals, favorites, to-buy
Recommended to Amy by: @kayakgal
Recommended for: Cat lovers
Read from December 27 to 31, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Upon seeing a book titled simply "On Cats" I knew I would love it. As it turned out, I was right, but some people would be surprised at my adoration of this work when they read some of the less "fuzzy" feelings toward cats that are described. There are many cat deaths at the hands of humans, including the author herself. It should be noted that many of these instances were in times much different than the one we are in now, not to mention a vastly different land.

It is not a warm, cuddly kitty cat story like that of Dewey. It does show the author's true affection for the many different cats in her life and she describes each of them perfectly, painting a picture that is clear and colorful with her words. It is a true piece of art in written form.

I am now intrigued by this author and can't wait to look into more of her work, which spans from 1949 to her final book in 2007. I encourage you to read this book and keep an open mind. Don't be turned away because of what you might see as mistreatment, you would miss out on something amazing if you did.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On Cats.

12/27/2010 page 57
22.0% "Such a beautiful book! Thank you @kayakgal!"