Sammie's Reviews > Beastly

Beastly by Alex Flinn

Feb 11, 11

bookshelves: books-i-own, books-that-fit-in-my-purse
Read from February 09 to 11, 2011

Beastly, by Alex Flinn, is basically the story of Beauty and the Beast (the 384th ed.) While this story has been told over and over again, I liked the idea that it was, truly, a different take on the matter. We get the 'Beast's' point-of-view in this book, thoroughly modernized in Brooklyn. While it keeps to its roots (Disney fans might find this one following the movie fairly close), it still allows breathing room for the 21st Century's fashions and trends.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beastly.

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Melissa I'm excited for the movie though, but if it follows closely to the book, then, we all know what's going to happen. :D

Sammie Right, but I do want to see the movie, if not for Alex Pettyfer alone. haha

Melissa Shallow!! Haha, but that is so pot calling the kettle black. I'm more interested to see Alex too, rather than the movie itself. :D

Sammie Melissa wrote: "Shallow!! Haha, but that is so pot calling the kettle black. I'm more interested to see Alex too, rather than the movie itself. :D"

Hey, if I'm shallow, then I'm shallow. The book is a bit rough around the edges as far as the character goes (he's so mean, i want to punch him) but he ends up having a great heart. You can't help but go.. "awww" at the end.
Though, the girl's reaction isn't very realistic. I don't really remember acting like that when I was 16... but maybe I did and just block it all out. haha

Melissa LOL.. I'm actually interested to see Vanessa's acting in the movie. From the trailer, it seems there's an improvement but well, we shall have to wait for the movie to find out. :D