Kate's Reviews > Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God

Apr 09, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: review-books, christianity
Read from November 29 to December 16, 2010 , read count: 1

Crazy Love is a fairly slim volume divided into ten chapters which are subsequently split up into titled sections which flow together. Chapters one through three are an overview of the basics of the awesome majesty, power, and love of God. Chapters four and five specifically address the oxymoron of “lukewarm Christianity,” and the rest of the book outlines what true biblical Christianity looks like and challenges believers to give up seeking a comfortable Christian life (another oxymoron) and to start giving God our all.

Continue reading this review here: http://parchmentgirl.com/2011/01/06/c...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crazy Love.

message 1: by Jay (new)

Jay Kate,
I appreciate your review (I read your full review on your site and floated around for a bit). I've read forgotten God and watched a lot of Chan on youtube, and was wondering if I "needed" to read crazy love. I love Christ and was very aware of "what I signed up for" when I decided to follow him so I just wanted to say thanks, I think you saved me a read and I can move to the next book now.

It seems like you spend a lot of time in the online community, have you ever taken a technology fast? From a brother in Christ and a stranger on the internet, I think a simple two or three weeks from the internet could give you some real time to be quenched in the presence and peace of the Lord. (If your immediate thought is 5 reasons why you couldn't, that's a great indicator that it would be fruitful)

I don't mean to be offensive or intrusive.

Blessings.

Kate Thanks for your comment, Jay. Yes, I have taken a technology fast on more than one occasion.

message 3: by Kate (new) - added it

Kate That's a great idea:) you guys have challenged me to do that myself! Thanks!

message 4: by Jay (new)

Jay Kate wrote: "That's a great idea:) you guys have challenged me to do that myself! Thanks!"

I hope it goes great Kate!

message 5: by TinaB (new)

TinaB Im so glad Im not the only one who felt this way.....this book made me feel like poop.