jD's Reviews > Eternal Hunger

Eternal Hunger by Laura Wright

Nov 29, 10

bookshelves: series_vamps, must-read-seq, vamps-funny

I liked this book despite the fact that there was very little about the plot that was original. Ms. Wright did a better than fair job of building a world of vamp inequality. About half-way through I discovered that I actually was enjoying the book and no longer rolling my eyes over the many similarities to other vamp series. The saving grace for me was the three female characters -- Sara (the mate), Bronwyn (the almost mate), and Dillion (the angry bodyguard). The brothers, although not original in their vamp qualities, they were interesting personalities. This book is about Alexander. He has morped 100 years prematurely. He can no longer walk in sunlight and must now find his mate. Yes, there are matching tats on her body somewhere. Sara is the lucky girl but does have the suffer the required "Our relationship is impossible" before she gets her vamp. There is a cliffhanger but it's not too bad since Alexander and Sara wrap. Ms. Wright shows great potential in her ability to entertain with humor and conflict. The sex was hot and she cut no corners in her narrative here. There were a few plot twist that amped my interest in future installments.

My 3 star rating is an overall due to lack of originality, HOWEVER, there were some scenes that were in the 4-5 star range. I was disappointed that the 2nd book of the series comes out in April 2011. It's just not memoriable enough to put that much distance between the installments. Not a wise strategy in my opinion. Make no mistake, I will read the next one because I can see that Ms. Wright is on to something. She's just not there yet.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eternal Hunger.