Peep (Pop! Pop!)'s Reviews > Dance with the Devil

Dance with the Devil by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Nov 29, 2010

bookshelves: read-in-2010, really-liked, adult-cravings
Read from November 20 to 21, 2010

Ok, this is what happened. I didn't want to read it but I couldn't exactly pass up reading about Zarek. He was so mean and so cold. Literally, he was stationed in Alaska. And he was pretty much kept there for 900 years or so. Oh and I loved the whole Rumpelstiltskin scene. I thought that was pretty hardcore funny. I was thinking, “Oh yeah, Zarek is bad”.

I liked Astrid . She was strong and determined and she made me laugh – her and her crazy wolf! She worked well with Zarek and guess what? She didn't hook up with him on the first day. That's a first for sure. I liked her interactions with Zarek. If you didn't know, Astrid is sent to judge Zarek. Because of old reasons, she has to be blind whilst she judges people. Get it? Hehehe. Blind justice?? Anywho! At one point he brings her a drink and she asks what it is it. He responds with, “arsenic and vomit”. Hahahaha. Don't you just love a surly dude?

And can't this SK write a sad back story? She's like a genius when it comes to them. I'll be like, it can't get any worse and then, BAM, the dog dies. Man, how is she even sane after writing these? Poor Zarek, I don't understand how people can be so cruel to him.

I'm sure this has a significance in these books, but boy the dream sequences are getting kind of old. Old and moldy. And dream whoopie is just plain weird. I don't know about you, but I do not dream complete memories nor do my dreams makes sense. My nightmares are scary but even if they're based on something real, there's always something ridiculous going on. Surely I can't be the only one this happens to. My dreams are like this: I could be sitting down in my living room talking to my kids. Next, I turn around and I look over the side of the boat and my cat is telling me something but I can't hear. I fall in and we laugh and I finish watching the game. See? Weird and makes no sense! Very different. But then, I'm not a Dark Hunter, maybe they just dream differently. Alls I know is that I found myself skimming the overly long dream stuff. Is it me, or is this the only way we can get back stories in these books.

And I didn't like why they put him in Alaska in the first place. I would have definitely been angrier had I been in Zareks place. Also, did you know that you can make pancakes in the microwave? I didn't!

I did notice some similarities between a certain other series but I think with these, those kinds of things can't be avoided.

And yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm reading Valerius's story next, so what? But I think (Notice it's no longer “promise”?) I'll be done after that one. *Snicker* Yeah right.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dance with the Devil.

message 1: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy I've actually started collecting this series. I have a few of them. There is so freaking many of them, though! Did you like it? OR maybe I should say, do you think I will?

Peep (Pop! Pop!) I don't know. I think you should read them but this is a series that you might want to start before you get all the books. I don't think there's an end in sight for them. There are even shoot off series from this one. You'll read about a character and then want to read his book. It's crazy. I liked this one the most out of all her books I've read. Hopefully, I'll see another character (after I finish Valeius's book) to want to read because then I won't have to find another series. I'm almost done with the Psy/Changeling series. After that I won't have anything.