Rossrn Nunamaker's Reviews > The Paris Vendetta

The Paris Vendetta by Steve Berry

Dec 10, 10

bookshelves: suspense, history, conspiracy_theory
Read from November 29 to December 09, 2010

I've read and enjoyed the Cotton Malone books by Steve Berry and The Paris Vendetta wasn't a let down.

As with the others, the story is a quest for a hidden historical treasure, the twist is that the second main plotline is regarding Henrik Thorvaldsen who has been featured in the series, wanting revenge for his son's murder. The murder brought him together with Cotton, and in this book Cotton must balance his friendship with Henrik and his 'duty' to his country and former job.

It is an interesting tale and quick read. The historical element centers on Napoleon. Seems like a lot of books I've read recently have him as a key figure or character. This one involves a hidden treasure that Napoleon intended for his son.

The story of revenge allows Berry to delve into modern conspiracy theory regarding the ultra-rich, old moneyed, folks of Europe manipulating world markets and basically living above the law.

An enjoyable read with a single loose end, but I'm guessing that was intentional for future books in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Paris Vendetta.