Joan's Reviews > My Lord Scandal: Notorious Bachelors

My Lord Scandal by Emma Wildes

Dec 30, 10

bookshelves: nook, sometimes-i-like-camping, you-are-not-scooby-doo
Read on November 29, 2010

** spoiler alert ** If you are reading this book, you should be forewarned that if you have an active imagination and sometimes couldn't deal with classic Scooby Doo because you'd never met the villain before, you will be disappointed in what actually comes about.

Still unsure if the mystery portion will be right up your alley or whether you will want to incinerate the book with the power of your mind? I give you this synopsis:

Alex: I must find this key to prevent a family scandal because my grandmother has tasked me with it and even though she won't give me any details, I will do it.
Michael: I'll go with you because we're the two best friends that anyone could have!
Alex: Blast! It's not here!
Michael: Don't worry about it at all, old chap. I'll find it for you!
Alex: Terrific. Now I can go about seducing this virgin I've just found.

--some time later--

Michael: Here's the key and your grandmother will conveniently explain the rest!
Grandmother: Anna was never really dead in the first place. She's in Italy, actually.

I had, of course, concocted a whole different theory where (improbably) Anna wasn't dead, but had (improbably) assumed the grandmother's identity to avoid the scandal, which would have proved a whole lot more interesting.

Although the mystery is a trifle...lackluster for my taste, the romance more than makes up for it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Lord Scandal.