Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)'s Reviews > Dance with the Devil

Nov 30, 10

bookshelves: i-own, favorites
Read in November, 2010

** spoiler alert ** *Contains detailed sex scenes*

I loved it. I absolutely loved it!
This was the best book outta the series so far. The story was raw and emotional and my heart broke for Zarek at times and yet swelled for this in others. The plot was interesting and fast paced. I didn’t want to put the book down at times and ended up reading it in only a day.
Zarek’s harsh, tortured past shattered my heart. From the very beginning of his life he’d never known love or kindness only cruelty and pain. All he’d ever been shown was hate and no one had ever cared for him. Not his own father, his own brothers, no one. It’s so horrible and it made me so sad for him. Everyone assumed the worst of him and treated his horrible accordingly. No one trusted him or wanted him.....until Astrid came along.
I really liked her. She was a beautiful, strong goddess who saw past all the walls Zarek had up and into the heart of him. Instead of deciding straight away who he was, she allowed herself to get to know in and in turn ended up seeing the real him. She saw that part of him he never showed and was never able to show because of how people treated him and how he saw himself.
I loved both Sasha and Simi. I laughed over some of the things Sasha thought to Astrid when he was in wolf form, especially when he wanted to bite Zarek. Simi was so cute and had me smiling like crazy. I loved how she rambled on and how she talked nonstop. I thought her relationship with Acheron was sweet. I loved how she thought of him as her father.
This was a dark, beautiful, heart-wrenching tale and it’s one that I’ll remember for a long time.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dance with the Devil.

11/29/2010 page 0
0.0% "Zareks story. I'm really looking forward to this.
He breaks my heart!!!"
11/29/2010 page 248
69.0% "Awwww, poor Zarek =(
I'll take care of you baby....."