Ryan's Reviews > Half-Moon Investigations

Half-Moon Investigations by Eoin Colfer

Jan 29, 08

bookshelves: heard, crime, drama, irish, laugher, suspense, thinker, ya
Recommended for: ya
Read in January, 2008

I'm a fan of the Artemis Foul books. I've listened to them all. Quite entertaining. If for no other reason than they're read by an Irishman. So, I figured I'd take a listen at another one of Colfer's books. Half-Moon Investigations is a solid book that spoke (no pun intended) to me personally.

As with the Artemis books, you've got a pre-teen boy that tries his very best to be as independent as possible, has a higher than average IQ, is witty, clever, and finds trouble around every bend. As the book jacket will tell you, Fletcher Moon has to rely on his brains and even an enemy or two to get him out of the mess he currently finds himself in.

Basically, you've got a very organized, scientific, inquisitive, sarcastic and clever guy on a bit of a schoolyard adventure.

Read by an Irishman. Though pretty good, the reader wasn't my favorite. His voice and reading style fit very well with quite a few characters in the book, but more often than not, the reader had a 'guy' voice (which varied in deepness depending upon the age of the character) or a 'girl' voice (which also varied in shrillness depending upon the age of the character) and that was about it.

Still, Half-Moon Investigations was good enough that I certainly hope Colfer rights more of them. And I fully expect to add the actual book to my library to give it a read one of these days.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Half-Moon Investigations.