Nerine Petros's Reviews > Finding Elliot

Finding Elliot by Serena Yates

4201173
Dec 14, 10

** spoiler alert ** 3.5 stars. Although I had trouble following along with the timeline, dates and flashbacks always confuse me :), I did enjoy this story. It tells the tale of David and Elliot, two young men who fell in love in their teens before Elliot and his family move away after they are caught together.

Flash forward so many years, and now David is on the hunt for his lost love, in an effort to find out what happened and move forward. David was an easy character for me to connect with, maybe because I was reading from his pov from the beginning. Moving on in the story and connecting with Elliot, it was a little tougher. As the book progressed, I still felt I could more easily follow David's mindset over Elliot's, but this didn't detract from my enjoyment of the story, it simply made it feel more one-sided for me.

The connection between these two characters is, however, felt easily, with the physical love scenes more emotional than lustful. The only thing that sat with me after reading the story was whether or not Elliot really would have had the strength, after such a long period of time being under his fathers thumb, to walk away in the manner that he did. It was the biggest thing that felt a little out of character, but then again, people do unique and wonderful things to change their lives everyday.

A good start to the series, I will be waiting for the next instalment...maybe Peter? Nx.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finding Elliot.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Serena (new) - added it

Serena Yates Thank you for reading Finding Elliot, Nerine. I'm glad you liked it.

:-)