Misha 's Reviews > The Haunting of Hill House

Oct 21, 12

liked it
bookshelves: gothic, mystery-suspense-thriller
Read from October 17 to 21, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Haunting of Hill House.

Belinda I've always wanted to read that, yet for some reason I keep forgetting about it lol

Misha Belinda wrote: "I've always wanted to read that, yet for some reason I keep forgetting about it lol"

I had always wanted to read this too. Now, when I am finally reading it, I am somehow unable to find it interesting.Hopefully, it will get better!

Melanie not spooky enough?

Misha Melanie wrote: "not spooky enough?"

It is a bit creepy at times, but not enough. I think I have read scarier books - for instance - The Little Stranger.

Melanie I see. Well thanks for that title, I just added to my list. I'm always looking for gothic/scary books to read. :)

Misha Hope you enjoy it! I would also recommend "The House at Midnight" . Also, anything by Barbara Vine.

Belinda I loved 'The House at Midnight'! I'm always on the look out for good gothic stories too, will have to check out Barbara Vine :)

Melanie thanks!

Misha Belinda wrote: "I loved 'The House at Midnight'! I'm always on the look out for good gothic stories too, will have to check out Barbara Vine :)"

Hope you enjoy your books! :) My favorites are "A Dark Adapted Eye" and "A Fatal Inversion". Also, if you haven't already read Tana French's books - I would recommend them.

Misha Melanie wrote: "thanks!"

You're welcome!