Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)'s Reviews > Moon Over Manifest

Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool

I am officially abandoning it. If I haven't read any more on it in 9 months and have never really thought about it then it just isn't for me. I think this is an example of how every book is not for every reader.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moon Over Manifest.

Kellee Worth finishing- I ended up really liking it :)

Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy) I can't seem to get past page 50...I'm trying.

message 3: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly Oh no. I just got this book from the library so I need to finish it in two weeks. Hope I can make it.

Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy) Kelly - Some people have liked it a lot. Just seems that others can't make it through it. I'll keep working on it.

Barbara Try listening to it. It worked well for me and now I'm a fan of the book.

message 6: by David (new)

David Etkin I pushed through because it was the Newbery and I didn't want to quit. I like the main character and the story within a story... But I can't put my finger on why I didn't like it more.

Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy) Barbara - Maybe I will give the audio a try but I am not promising. :-)

David - I just get annoyed that the Newbery Medal often times gets equated by children as meaning a "boring"book. My students loved Turtle in Paradise (Newbery Honor) but I can't think of a single student I would be able to get to read this one. The concept was good but not engaging enough for me. :-(

message 8: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly I feel that the Newbery books are the "boring" ones quite often. Sometimes I will read a book that I think is awesome, like The Emerald Atlas, and think, oh, this won't win the Newbery because I actually like it.

Maria That's how I felt about Dead End. I listened to it and just didn't get it. Yes, some parts were funny - but I would've abandoned it if I weren't doing Nerdbery

Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy) Maria wrote: "That's how I felt about Dead End. I listened to it and just didn't get it. Yes, some parts were funny - but I would've abandoned it if I weren't doing Nerdbery"

How funny...I loved the audiobook of Dead End in Norvelt.