Jess's Reviews > Dancing with Mr. Darcy: Stories Inspired by Jane Austen and Chawton House

Dancing with Mr. Darcy by Sarah Waters

Nov 28, 2010

bookshelves: firstreads
Read in January, 2011

I’m not really a fan of the whole “read what someone else submitted to a writing contest” thing, so I was a bit underwhelmed when I won this book from FirstReads. It kept getting bumped back to the end of my reading list time and time again. When I finally picked it up, though, I could have kicked myself for procrastinating. It was SO fun to read these stories. From adaptations of Austen’s novels to modernization of themes to having fun with Austen’s characters or home, this book had it all. I loved the creativity the authors had on the theme of Jane Austen’s works and life, and loved the variety of stories. Some stories made me laugh out loud, some made me think. And all of them made me grinned like crazy at the very English vocabulary and mentality of the authors (I’m an Anglophile to the core). It made me anxious to pick up my Jane Austen books again, so I definitely recommend this collection to any Austen fan.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dancing with Mr. Darcy.