Annie's Reviews > Shiver

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
4511196
's review
Feb 02, 11

bookshelves: kept-after-reading, read-in-2011
Read in February, 2011

I've had this book in my wish list since November 2009 and I finally got it for Christmas this year! From the beautiful cover to the intriguing summary, i was instantly drawn in!

Soooo....Okay I'll admit... this story was slowwww! It was basically just Grace, Sam, Grace & Sam, Grace & Sam, Grace & Sam .... alot of emotions but not much action. The whole time after they mentioned a character i was like... okayyy where did this character go & whats going on with them!?!?!?

BUT once I was about ... 75% through the book, thats when things picked up. That's when characters developed other that Grace & Sam... that's when I couldn't put it down!! The last 25% was a complete 4-4.5 star rating but I had to give it a 3.5 because of how slow the other 75% was.

I'll DEF read the next book, Linger, since of course the book left off on an amazing turn of events! Nice save, Stiefvater! I believe the next book will be a whole lot better because the characters are now fully developed.
likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shiver.
sign in »

Reading Progress

01/29/2011 page 103
26.0%
01/30/2011 page 212
54.0% "This book is moving kinda slow for me."
show 2 hidden updates…

No comments have been added yet.