Tracy's Reviews > Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Feb 03, 11

bookshelves: feb-2011
Read from January 31 to February 02, 2011

What a fun, fun book! I will admit though? The first few pages it felt like 'Men in Black' but with Paranormal beings instead of aliens. I found Evie extremely arrogant and was not too sure I was going to like this one. However, once I got past the first dozen pages or so, I really got into it. Evie is a great character. Fun, loving, strong and did I mention fun? Lend...a very strange name that I had a hard time with throughout...was a great leading male character. The relationship was perfect, not over done as with many of the Paranormal romance books. There are a many great secondary characters in this one as well. One of my favorites being Evie's best friend, Lish, who happens to be a mermaid. My only complaints about this book? The ending for one. It was extremely rushed. The last two chapters felt just slapped together and were not paced like the rest of the book. Also, the villain? Not overly evil or scary in my opinion. That being said? I would highly recommend this book. No, you will not become smarter for reading it. No, it will not change your life. But if you are looking for a complete escape into a fun, fun read? Go read it! I am definitely looking forward to the next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paranormalcy.