Kathryn's Reviews > The Laughing Corpse

The Laughing Corpse by Laurell K. Hamilton

Jan 20, 11

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, werewolves, gruesome-horror, zombies, mystery
Read from January 16 to 17, 2011

Note: this book is on my gruesome-horror shelf. Certain scene descriptions were disgusting and consequently depressing.

So far, this series is not what I expected. It is slightly grittier and not the least bit upbeat, but more along the lines of what I expect from quality dark urban-fantasy. I enjoyed this book more than the first, largely due to being more familiar with Hamilton's world and characters, something which is typical of long running series. The first books are usually the weakest. I desperately want to jump into book 3 but am pacing myself. Sadly, I know some of what happens in later books yet I think I have a good many to go before I encounter those which most reviewers claim started the downward trend into poor plotting and gratuitious sex.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Laughing Corpse.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Regina Great review -- I loved this book too. I have read only through book 5 (Bloody Bones), Bloody Bones is my favorite so far. I am also sad about what I hear happens down the road, but I will continue to read on until I don't enjoy it anymore.

Karen Iribe I read more down the line and there great just a bit more sex and emotion on Anita's part so don't give up on the series.