Cheryl's Reviews > Shady

Shady by Dell Banks

Mar 27, 11

bookshelves: e-book-advance-copy
Read from March 14 to 27, 2011

I was so excited to be able to review an advance copy of this book! I just purchased a Kindle and I downloaded the pdf copy of this book from Dell Banks to my Kindle. This was the first book that I read on my new Kindle, and I couldn't have picked a better book! Plus, the story takes place in Detroit. I am from Michigan, so it was cool to read a book set in my home state!

This book starts off with a bang! It has my full attention. I am already feeling sorry for the "ghetto Cinderella, living on the Northwest side of Detroit" (p3). Her mom sounds like a real b***h. It's too bad she doesn't know who her real dad is. I hope she finds him someday. I have tears in my eyes reading her diary entry.

I love that Dell Banks adds humor to his book as well. The quote "I wrapped my legs around his waist tighter than a lug nut on a tire and flipped him on his back and began to ride his dick like it was our last time." p14 was funny! Dell Banks really sounds like a fun guy to be around just from the humor added to his book.

The sex in this book, wow! Come on, when you look at the sexy woman on the book cover, you know there has to be some sex! You know he got my juices flowing when GiGi was with the detective!

Wow! I am impressed with Dell Banks! What an awesome book! He did a great job creating characters that came to life! This book was full of drama and kept me turning pages like crazy! The end has me wondering what is going to happen in the next book, and I can't wait to read that one!

Visit my blog at http://www.blackdiamondsbookreviews.com to see the full review!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shady.

03/14/2011 page 1
03/14/2011 page 3
1.0% "This book starts off with a Bang! It has my full attention!"
03/14/2011 page 14
6.0% "Now were talking :p"
03/14/2011 page 24
11.0% "Wow-this book is HOT!"
03/14/2011 page 28
13.0% "Don't wanna stop reading, but have to go to bed."
03/27/2011
100.0% "LOVED THIS BOOK!"
show 3 hidden updates…