Meaghan's Reviews > Precious and Fragile Things

Precious and Fragile Things by Megan Hart

Dec 19, 10

bookshelves: arc, e-books
Read from November 28 to December 12, 2010

I received this novel as an ARC from NetGalley. Well I will admit when I first started reading this novel I didn’t think I was going to like it at all. I couldn’t relate to Gilly, the main character. I kept thinking no one in their right mind would choose to be abducted rather than be at home with her children and husband. In fact, I remember saying to my fiancé a few times: I can’t believe this woman!! I found her to be ridiculous and unbelievable. That being said, after getting over the first part of the novel and when we find the two characters in the cabin, things started to get a bit better. I found myself intrigued by Todd, the carjacker, and his life story. I also found it interesting that there seemed to be a friendship that formed between Todd and Gilly. I don’t want to give too much of the book away but I will say that by a quarter of the way through the book Hart grabbed my attention and I didn’t want to put the book down. Her idea for the book is original and definitely unlike anything I have read recently. Overall, I give this book 3.5 stars out of 5.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Precious and Fragile Things.