Ash's Reviews > Cotillion

Cotillion by Georgette Heyer

Dec 04, 10

"Cotillion" is like watching a light romantic comedy which is heavier on the comedy than the romance. I was taken back by the fact that Freddy, the romantic lead male, was not like any male lead I have ever read about. Other reviews prepared me for this, but I was still caught off guard nonetheless when I realized he had the personality of the "loveable simpleton who doesn't get any/comic relief" character that exists in novels such as these. He's like Gary Cooper in Mr. Deeds (as far as simpleness of mind and cuteness) meets....a 17th century dandy in a powder wig. Interestingly enough, I learned to adore Freddy immensely and was not disappointed that he was the main romantic lead in this book.

If you're looking for a book that is funny and cute, but void of lust and passion this is for you. It's not a romance novel at all really, so it doesn't belong in that category in my opinion. If you WANT to read a book about alpha males bantering with their woman and taking them in spontaneous waves of passion then...you might not want to read this one.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cotillion.