Adrian Carpio's Reviews > Obama's Wars

Obama's Wars by Bob Woodward

M 50x66
Dec 01, 10

Read from November 28 to December 01, 2010

Woodward continues his profiles of administrations at war not only internationally but also within itself.

I was shocked to see how dysfunctional Obama's National Security Team was and probably still is. Jealousy. Cliques. The military trying to ram their only viable option down the president's throat. It was extremely disconcerting that so many people worried about their egos while our men in Afghanistan were basically ignored for the past 7 years since the start of the Iraq War.

I have read other books on Bush's handling of Iraq and Afghanistan and it's refreshing to see a commander in chief who actually takes the time and asks the tough questions before he commits to sending more troops to the battlefield. Obama took the unprecedented action of writing out the orders for the surge which Woodward includes in the book as an Appendix. This will definitely be seen as a historical document.

I was disappointed that Woodward still does not offer any analysis. Hos books are basically "fly on the wall" type fare.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Obama's Wars.

11/28/2010 page 201