Megan Palasik's Reviews > Hide in Plain Sight

Dec 05, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: amish, kindle
Read from November 27 to December 05, 2010

This book was an okay read. I actually picked it up because, at the time, it was free for my Kindle, and also because it is set in Amish country. I enjoy reading good Amish fiction.

Hide In Plain Sight was more of a simple mystery than anything else, in my opinion. While it is marketed on the cover as a "Love Inspired Mystery" and "Romance" book, I did not find a whole lot of love and romance going on. Sure, there were two characters who found each other attractive, but lots of books have characters who like each other and they are not called "romance" novels.

Also, while this book is set in Amish country, there isn't a whole lot of Amish-ness going on throughout the story; it's mostly the setting. The Inn that the "sisters" are starting is an old Amish house and some of the characters are in fact Amish, but the story is told more from the perspectives of non-Amish characters.

The novel had a few typos/missing words that were distracting at times and the narration point of view suddenly changed at times where it was not expected, causing me to have to reread sections a few times to understand what was going on. Also, to me, there seemed to be a loose end or two that were not tied up.

Overall, this book was rather so-so. I wouldn't say it was a bad book, but I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone either. If you're looking for something that is light, easy to read, and has a bit of mystery to it and has a Christian undertone to it, this is the book for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hide in Plain Sight.