Lady Rogue's Reviews > The Seduction of an English Scoundrel

The Seduction of an English Scoundrel by Jillian Hunter

F_50x66
Nov 27, 10

** spoiler alert ** Lady Jane's plan to stop her wedding worked. Her friend and betrothed Nigel, eloped with the woman he loved and left Lady Jane to her much wanted freedom. She didn't care that society believed her to have been jilted at the alter. She didn't coward to thier gossip or conform to thier ways. She was a strong, independant, and caring woman, who just wanted to be left alone, to make her own choices.

Grayson Boscastle, Marquess of Sedgecroft was angry at his cousin's behavior. Against Lady Jane's wishes, he took it upon himself, to make right his cousin's wrong. He was determined to restore Lady Jane's reputation, not to mention his family's, and find Lady Jane another suitable match. Needless to say, Lady Jane was not happy at Grayson's interferrence. But, the more time they spent together, the more they couldn't deny thier attraction. I loved the chemistry between them. They weren't all sapping, huggy huggy. They actuallywere a match in a battle of will and wits. It was fun to watch them as they tried to one up each other.

I thought the supporting characters were appealing as well. I adored Chloe. She is like every young girl, who is filled with curiosity and mischeiveiousness. I found it entertaining her desire to learn about the courtesan's way of life.

Overall, Jillian Hunter makes reading fun. To Seduce An English Scoundral is the first novel in the Boscastle Family series. I have to say, the characters were delightful and well developed. I loved their quirky and engaging personalities. The plot was enjoyable, although...the ending was a bit predictable. But I am all for happily ever afters. Most of all, the chemistry between Grayson and Lady Jane was sizzling, sensual, and scandalous.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Seduction of an English Scoundrel.