Lisa's Reviews > Perfect Chemistry

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

Jan 26, 2012

bookshelves: simon-schuster

Originally posted at Read Me Bookmark Me Love Me

I'd been meaning to read this series for a very long time. I heard about it years ago but was initially worried about how I'd like the sequels. Would I fall in love with the other brothers? Would I enjoy their stories just as much? I now know that I had nothing to worry about! If you still haven't read the books, grab them now and stop putting it off! I fell in love with the main characters immediately and being a long-time fan of gang/mafia novels, I was very pleased with how Perfect Chemistry was so well-balanced between the actual plot and sexy romance! Who knew that the meeting of Alex and Brittany would set off such events?!

Although Brittany Ellis is a white girl who's beautiful, rich, privileged and, of course, very popular, never would she have imagined falling in love with the dangerous Alex Fuentes, who's connected to the Latino Blood gang. If you're worried about some star-crossed insta-love, think again! The two despise each other greatly and it takes a lot of effort for them not to stab each other when they're in the same room. Just like everyone else, Brittany's afraid of him and Alex can't stop hating the perfect snob who thinks she's better than everyone. With each scene, not only does the romance slowly grow stronger but we learn more about the two as individuals. Brittany isn't the mean girl everyone thinks she is and Alex isn't involved with his gang because he likes it. I loved the entire journey Elkeles put me on with these characters and I'm sure you will too!

Alex Fuentes is hot. He knows it...and he uses it to his advantage. Don't pass out when he's whispering in Brittany's ear or propositioning her for a less-than-inappropriate ride in his car. I'm warning you! The two strong personalities collide yet mould together perfectly and this couple is passionate at an A-grade level. While their relationship does go through some complications with predictable outcomes, you'll still be able to really enjoy the story.

Throughout Perfect Chemistry is the conflict Alex has between Brittany and the LB gang. They simply can't co-exist. No matter how much Alex wants to leave his gang, it's impossible, and the novel is filled with shocking revelations, twists, fights and more! It's so much more than just a romance and I think this book was a great start to the series. While Alex will always be my favourite Fuentes, his younger brothers, Carlos and Luis, are certainly very likeable too! Perfect Chemistry has a wonderful ending and paves the way for the sequels very well. If you're up for some heart-racing romance and action, this book's for you! ;)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perfect Chemistry.