Donna's Reviews > Diplomatic Immunity

Dec 16, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: sci-fi
Read from December 04 to 05, 2010

On the way home from his honeymoon, Miles is diverted to Quaddiespace to try and sort out some trouble caused by a missing crewman, an impounded trade fleet, and an overzealous military response. His investigation reveals a deeper problem that could threaten the Quaddies, the ships, and even the Barrayaran Empire itself.

It started a little slow, though I loved the idea behind the mystery. Things picked up quite a bit once that started to come together. Ekaterin was underused this time. It was disappointing to just hear about her most significant contribution after the fact rather than getting to see her in action, especially because her role had to do with the most high-stakes aspect of the story.

I liked the reappearance of one of Miles's old crew mates. The descriptions of the Quaddie station were also great, one of my favorite things about this series is how distinct all the settings and cultures are.

favorite line:
"We should have taken our chances back then, when we were young and beautiful and didn't even know it."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Diplomatic Immunity.