Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews's Reviews > Witchling

Witchling by Yasmine Galenorn

Dec 15, 10

bookshelves: shifters, vampires, witches
Read from December 12 to 15, 2010

Synopsis: Meet the D'Artigo sisters: half-human, half-faerie, savvy and sexy-operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. But their mixed-blood heritage short-circuits their talents at all the wrong times. Delilah shapeshifts into a tabby cat whenever she's stressed. Menolly's a vampire who's still trying to get the hang of being undead. And Camille is a wicked-good witch, except her magic's as unpredictable as the weather, as her enemies are about to find out-the hard way.

Narrator Camille is a good witch who runs a Seattle bookstore while working as an Otherworld Intelligence operative, sent Earthside to keep an eye on things. When an operative from the Wayfaerer, a human/Faerie hangout, is killed, Camille springs into action with her sisters.

Tracing the murder back to evil demon leader Shadow Wing, the sisters find evidence of a far-reaching plot, but the Otherworld Intelligence Agency offers no help, stifled by bureaucratic red tape and a nasty Otherworld battle.

This is the first book of the series, and the POV by Camille is interesting to say the least. I actually preferred the character of Menolly better. Yes, she's a vampire, but she doesn't hesitate to do what needs to be done, including killing a demon by drinking his blood. Camille seems to have alot more hangups than Menolly, including a former sex toy who creeps back into her life.

Not only do we have witches, werecats, and vampires, but we also have a Dragon who has the best dialogue in the story. Sorry, but I love snarky dialogue. It keeps the story hoping along, and it adds another element to the storyline.

We have, of course, two love interests for Camille; Trillian who they just can't seem to keep their hands off each other. We also have a kitsune (fox) who also desires Camille and ends up almost tearing each others clothes off while under a spell. (Of course, that storyline is left wide open with nothing solved and Trillian was hurt badly.)

If you liked the TV series Charmed, then you will like the similiarities between the two. You have three sisters with different powers and they end up fighting against demons.

My question for the author is, did you really mean to make Camille have 34DD breasts? I mean, come on already. And really, she can't wear pants, she can only wear dresses that make her look like a street walker? Just asking!

Anway, 3.5 stars I rate this first book, and am looking for Changeling to read next.

4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Witchling.

12/15/2010 page 104
show 1 hidden update…

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) I could agree with the Charmed reference a bit.

Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews Let's see if I still think that way after I get thru the next few books. Maybe I'll change my mind.

Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog) I just finished book 2 and I liked it better than book 1.