Daniel's Reviews > The Snow Leopard

The Snow Leopard by Sigmund Miller

Jan 30, 08

Books like this make me wonder how many out-of-print titles I'm missing. There must be thousands - more? - of good, quality stories out there that I will never see or hear of - let alone read.

It is thanks to a library book sale that I have a copy of "The Snow Leopard". The cover-art immediately drew me, speaking of pulp fictions and tough characters and a simple, vital plot. Besides, for a quarter, how can you go wrong?

I was not disappointed. The caper that Sigmund Miller concocts is interesting, while the characters pull the story above its stereotypes. The hero, for example, is tough and world-weary - but remains an arrogant ass throughout; I like a character that butts heads with others and doesn't roll over. Miller's writing is melodramatic and metaphor heavy, but this contributes to the mood of the story more than it slows things down.

I looked into Miller, and it appears that this is the only novel he wrote and published. A shame: if there was more, I'd go a-hunting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Snow Leopard.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Daniel This was one of my library book sale finds. It's a short tale about at diamond caper in Amsterdam. Right now I'm in between books in a series, so this is perfect for a fun read.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

There's a documentary called "Stone Reader" that relates to the lost author topic - about a guy who attempts to find the author of a book he read and was amazed by as a teenager.