Carolyn F.'s Reviews > The Stranger I Married

The Stranger I Married by Sylvia Day

Jan 21, 11

bookshelves: historical-romance, library-book
Read from January 19 to 20, 2011, read count: 1

I liked this book, but I liked the secondary characters' relationship - Rhys and Abigail - more than the hero and heroine - Isabel and Gerard.

Isabel was in a horrible marriage and when he died in a dual because of an affair she gave up on ever falling in love and marrying, but that didn't mean she gave up on sex. So she'd have serial monogamous relationships lasting about 2 years and then move on. Gerard is about 4 years younger than Isabel and is in love with his childhood sweetheart who is married to someone else. That doesn't mean he doesn't also have other mistresses on the side. He comes up with the great idea for him and Isabel to marry to try to keep their affairs from thinking anything long term will happen. After only 6 months of marriage, tragedy happens to Gerard and he moves out to get his head together (for 4 years). When he returns they have to figure out how they will treat each other because he's changed.

Rhys is Abigail's brother. He meets a girl who at first looks average in every way but he can't keep her out of his thoughts. This is the story I wish would have been elaborated on. To me it was the much more interesting story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stranger I Married.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Nonieღserenity2bliss Oh, I love this one! A really sexy hot read ;)

Carolyn F. It was recommended to me by another Goodfriend. I'm looking forward to it.

Nonieღserenity2bliss Carolyn F. wrote: "It was recommended to me by another Goodfriend. I'm looking forward to it."

I'll be sure to look for your review ;)