Paul's Reviews > Towers of Midnight

Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan

Nov 27, 10

bookshelves: adventure, fantasy
Read in November, 2010

This book covers maybe three weeks at most in the lives of the characters, however, it encompasses quite a few events, many of which are key to the Last Battle.

I finished it in only three days. Now I've got to wait another year for Memory of Light! Blood an' bloody ashes!

Anywho, I am glad to say that B. Sanderson has really researched the time period from which RJ derived the settings for this series. He delves into and describes the processes of blacksmithing, fletching, leatherworking, cooperage, and many other very necessary parts of life during that time period. Due to my love of history and my interest in primitive living skills and traditional trades, I find his focus on such matters, and his ability to work them into the story, to use them to tell the story, refreshing. Robert Jordan conceived the world within these books, but Brandon Sanderson is pounding it into shape for us, embellishing a tapestry of story and tying up the loose ends of the series.

I also found it interesting that he described the rediscovery of Power-wrought steel as if he had had explicit knowledge of how Robert Jordan conceived it.

Thanks to Sanderson & Co, we as WoT fans no longer have to worry about the series going unfinished.
And that is a grand relief.

Go read a copy!
PMZ
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Towers of Midnight.