Pam's Reviews > My Nest Isn't Empty, It Just Has More Closet Space: The Amazing Adventures of an Ordinary Woman

My Nest Isn't Empty, It Just Has More Closet Space by Lisa Scottoline

Dec 22, 2010

bookshelves: audiobook
Read in December, 2010

This is the second book from Lisa Scottoline that is made up of a collection of essays from her "Chick Wit" column in the Philadelphia Inquirer. I can only hope that there will be lots more.

While this book is absolutely perfect for me, fits right in with my age group, going through the same thing, I don't think that it's appeal is just for middle aged women whose children have moved out. While listening to this book, my 21 year old daughter was also in the car, and she found it just as funny as I did. It probably helped that a few of the essays are by Lisa Scottoline's 24 year old daughter.

I think that everyone can relate to a story that begins: "I bought my house a big screen TV for Christmas...".

I love her family..from Mother Mary to Brother Frank. It reads like a wonderfully created fictional family, perfect for a comedy novel, only it's not. It's her real family. And like her real family, she is so real. She is not afraid to let you into her life. She is the kind of person you wish you knew, could hang out with, watch some movies on her big screen tv, with her assortment of dogs scattered around you.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Nest Isn't Empty, It Just Has More Closet Space.