Jonesy's Reviews > We the Living

We the Living by Ayn Rand

Jun 04, 12

Read from May 19 to June 04, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read We the Living.

05/19/2012 "Starting on this one proper tomorrow. Prepared for the possibility of many increasingly insane updates, but holding out hope for a relatively peaceful reading experience so far..."
05/20/2012 page 1
0.0% "And out of the gate, a fairly passionate and yet mostly well reasoned intro is topped off with mere innuendo the likes of which would not be out of place in the "letters to the editor" column of a local newspaper. Buckle in, cats and kittens, I think we might be in for a ride."
06/04/2012 page 407
91.0% "I was going to take this opportunity to make a cute note over how some of the text seems to indicate that the author desperately needed to come out of the S&M closet (not that it's a bad thing), but really, I'm becoming increasingly confused as to what exactly Rand is trying to do here. The intro indicates it's a semi-autobiography, but so much of it is devoted to monologues that in real life would have been cut off"
06/04/2012 page 407
91.0% "and the characters, while admittedly more fleshed out than in the rest of the author's ouvre (not that that's saying much), Rand can't seem to decide if they should act like actual human beings or simply serve as physical constructs for various ideas; the latter might have still been irritating, but a little consistency would be appreciated."
show 19 hidden updates…