Staci's Reviews > Salting Roses

Dec 07, 10

bookshelves: 2010-reads, tlc-tour
Recommended to Staci by: TLC Book Tour
Read from November 26 to 27, 2010

Why I wanted to read this book: I love southern fiction and seem to be attracted to books that take place down south.

What worked for me:

* Gracie is this person that you just want to know. I loved how devoted she was to her two uncles and aunt. She struggles with feeling like a nobody and the being labeled "the unwanted child of Rita." She's never really felt worthy of anything and is afraid of what changes will occur in her life if she accepts the reality of who she is "biologically."
* I found myself drawn to the special connection that Gracie has with Artie. I loved it when he would try to help her see all the good that she could do with the money. He had a special way of getting his point across without being forceful. Artie reminded me of my Grandpa and that's probably why I loved his character so much.
* Watching Gracie fall in love for the first time....made me almost want to experience that feeling once again myself!!!
* The writing made me feel comfortable and as if I was among family. I often think that I should've been born in the South. I love the cadence of the speech, the southern hospitality, the laid-back atmosphere of their day to day happenings. Heck, I love all things southern...bring on the sweet tea and mint juleps!!

Recommend? Yes! I loved every minute that I was immersed in this story. I found it charming to the nth degree and am looking forward to future books from Marinello!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Salting Roses.

11/27/2010 page 352