Ann Keller's Reviews > Miles Away... Worlds Apart

Miles Away... Worlds Apart by Alan Sakowitz

Mar 19, 11

bookshelves: crime-drama
Read from November 27, 2010 to March 19, 2011

Outstanding read! By the time I reached page seven, the paralegal in me was screaming in outrage. This tale continues to spin in a whirl of deception and intrigue, fraud, politics, power - and perhaps, even murder. Miles Away … Worlds Apart is the story of one of the largest financial frauds in South Florida’s history, perpetrated by Scott Rothstein, the author of a Ponzi scheme that drew hundreds of investors into a massive vortex in his search for an unending source of money and power.

As Rothstein’s foul deeds begin to unravel around him, Mr. Sakowitz provides the reader with the splendid contrasting conduct of people who live according to moral standards. Where Rothstein wallows in greed and deception, Alan Sakowitz shows us the importance of family, community, good leadership, personal responsibility and integrity.

I close the final page feeling a little better for having read this book. I have examined my own life and resolved to live more for others than for myself, to delight in my family and in my community, and to show by example that a life filled with kindness, goodness, and generosity can be a life offered with joy and purpose. For this message, Alan Sakowitz, I humbly thank you.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Miles Away... Worlds Apart.

01/31/2011 page 52
23.0% "Outstanding read! By the time I hit page 7, the paralegal in me was screaming in outrage. Still, this tale continues to spin in a whirl of deception. Can't wait to read the rest of the story."
show 1 hidden update…