Ash's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

Nov 27, 2010

bookshelves: _harry-potter, movie-tv, 200bbc, ya-fantasy, favorites, 2011-read, before-gr, wizards-witches, own-sff
Read from June 26 to July 02, 2011

** spoiler alert ** ***Spoilers***
21-May-2012: Listened to the audio book narrated by Stephen Fry and it was very nice. I enjoyed listening to it while going to and coming back from work daily. There is no better way to spend the traveling time than listening to Harry Potter for sure.

Most favourite quote:
"Let's match the powers of Lord Voldemort, heir of Salazar Slytherin against famous Harry Potter and the best weapon Dumbledore can give him."

26-June-2011 to 02-July-2011: Wish I could give this book 100/5. This one is one of my favourites. Why do I like this book so much?

1. This was the first book I read before the movie was released, so I had no clue what was going to happen in this.
2. First book where Harry encounters Voldy directly alone, even though he did meet him in Quirrell earlier. But still this was more terrifying.
3. For a moment while reading the book for the first time, I thought Harry was Slytherin's heir and that was kinda wrong, since Harry is supposed to be a good character, right?
4. Meeting Aragog and Basilisk made this book more frightening than part 1.
5. Dumbledore is suspended? What could be more shocking?
6. First time something unexplainable happens, like entering into Riddle's memory through the diary. Time travel right?
7. Movie of this part was THE best HP movie ever made.
8. I simply love the way Voldy scrambles his name to show he is Riddle. How brilliant and surprising was that. Who would have guessed he was Voldy?
9. I love the dialogue between Harry and Riddle that takes place in COB.
10. The book and the movie have so many great quotes, including my most favourite quote by Dumbledore ever.
" it is our choices Harry that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"

I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

Quotes Ash Liked

It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our
“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

05/08/2012
05/16/2012
40.0% "Listening to the audio book daily on the way to office. Definitely the best thing to do :)"
09/29/2016 marked as: read