Ash's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

May 04, 15

bookshelves: fantasy, own, _jk-rowling, movie-tv, 200bbc, audiobook, young-adult, favorites, 2011-read, in_india
Read from July 02 to 11, 2011

** spoiler alert ** This book happens to be one of my most favourite HP books. The main reason being Harry's godfather. I was even nicknamed "Padfoot" in college, since I fancied him so much. My friend was named "prongs", since we were as close to each other as Padfoot and Prongs were. I still sometimes sign asPadfoot when I send an email. This book has no Voldy in it, just like Half-Blood prince but still it is one of the most interesting ones, mainly because we learn a lot about Harry's parents and their death. I simply love this book.

I noticed a line which I had not given much emphasis on earlier -Dumbledore says that Pettigrew vows his life to Harry and there will be a time when he would be repaying it. But I don't remember him repaying in the next few books. Need to read the others and look out for this detail. I am sure Jo wouldnt add that line unnecessarily in this book.
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Mith Ash, Pettigrew repays in the Deathly Hallows remember? Where he hesitates to attack Harry and Ron in the Malfoys' cellar and his silver hand turns against him and strangles him? Remember?

message 2: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash Oh yes! I had forgotten that completely. Need to read Deathly Hallows again :(

Mith :) 3 more days! I can't wait! I'm watching it on 14th evening in Urvashi! They have an advance screening :D Did you book tickets yet?

message 4: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash Coool! I am yet to book mine. They haven't opened booking in other theatres yet.. Soo excited.. Just can't wait :D

Harini Mith already beat me to the answer :P.

This is my favorite book of the whole series thanks to Sirius and Lupin too. I loved Lupin as a teacher. He would have been my dream teacher.

I can't wait for the last part. I will go and buy ticket soon!

message 6: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash Yeah Lupin is another character even I really liked. He is definitely the best teacher ever.